WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE GENEROUS? AND HOW IS GENEROSITY CHANGING?
The religious and economic landscapes are changing in America in ways that don’t necessarily favor churches. The percentage of churchgoing Christians is shrinking. Patterns of work are shifting. And on top of those hard facts, not everyone seems to agree on what, exactly, it means to be generous.
The Generosity Gap unveils new research among U.S. Christians and pastors on their attitudes, perceptions and habits related to generosity. Commissioned by Thrivent Financial, The Generosity Gap explores:
• How pastors and Christians agree (and don’t) on what it means to be generous
• Generational differences in how people perceive and practice generosity
• How financial goals and motivations impact generous habits
• Giving methods and invitations that strengthen generosity
• How people express generosity through a variety of habits, including volunteerism, hospitality, gifts and emotional support
Plus, you’ll find vivid infographics to help you visualize the story that the data tells.
If the groups they lead are to survive and adapt to a changing reality, pastors and organizational leaders need both accurate information and wisdom for applying reliable data to their particular context. The Generosity Gap will help you understand today, strategize for the future and dream up fresh ideas for how to connect Christians’ heart, mind and soul with their potential giving strength.
Full color with infographics. 80 pages
*Digital products are nonrefundable
** Print Product ships late June 2017